my travel makeup bag necessities


So, during the June/July holidays, I travelled overseas for a cousin's wedding. It was also the first time I had to pack a more than normal amount of makeup, but still have it not be my entire collection. Now, I don't know if this is just me, but if I'm going to a wedding or a party or any jazz like that, my makeup drawer literally explodes all over my dressing table. Packing my travel makeup bag was a much more difficult task than initially anticipated, so I thought I would share what I packed here! 


1. as you can see, my Australis Neutralise Palette didn't make it back in one piece, one of the shades completely shattered and exploded throughout my bag on its way back home :(( But, it's an absolute gorgeous neutral palette, and was perfect for heaps of different looks for the wedding. ($24.95)

p.s. random fact but, I actually bought this from Priceline for $2.95 - reason being, I waited for the 50% off Australis sale at Priceline, and had a $10 voucher for my birthday and joining the sisterclub, and so it came down to $2.95! #bargain? I think yes haha




4. The Body Shop Cushion Foundation (this one is discontinued I think, can't seem to find it on their website anymore, so may have to try out some new ones after I finish this one!)

5. MAC Amplified Lipstick in the shade Brick-O-La (such a flattering colour for all skin tones!) - $36



I like to transfer the oil from the big bottle into this small travel size bottle I got when I sampled the product, so it makes it easier for travel - only use a drop of it mixed with my makeup :))








12. The Body Shop - The Velvet Gel Pen Liner - $11 (again, couldn't seem to find the australian link for this one but I've hyperlinked the UK one for now!)


13. Lucky last is the L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer (which I use as a bronzer/contour thing) in the shade GC985 Espresso - $7.95

I didn't include a primer or a setting spray. I don't own either of them, but I do love giving my face a nice spritz using the Avène Thermal Spring Water - I go through a mass number of these lol, and there is no alcohol or scents like some setting sprays do. 

What are some of your travel makeup bag necessities?? Let me know in the comments of my instagram post which you can find here


S  xoxo







Comments

  1. I always get so scared to pack palettes for the pure fact they always break��. I have a few Mac and NARS duo cases but I need to get better at packing make up with outfits in mind. Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so welcome - I'm so happy you found it helpful! I find putting cotton pads in my palettes protects them from getting broken - I forgot to do this on my trip home, hence the broken australis palette (oops!) xx

      Delete
  2. I always get so scared to pack palettes for the pure fact they always break��. I have a few Mac and NARS duo cases but I need to get better at packing make up with outfits in mind. Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

free shipping on all orders in australia, you're welcome

a little about me